Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another day, another dollar....

I'm finding myself with less to write about than I originally thought. Working life is just more....monotonous than I estimated. Drive. Work. Drive back. 3 hours to eat, shower, run errands, and go to bed. Sleep. Wake up. Repeat. This week was happy because I got paid. Twice. One moving check and my first pay check! Yay! The mood was slightly dampened when I realized I still couldn't fully refund my move, but that check should be on its way soon.

Hanging out with the same 5 people all the time doesn't help much either. Not that I dislike these people, far from it. But I already spend 50+ hours a week with them. Shouldn't one branch out? With that in mind, I went to church today. I met another nice young woman, and before I left she took my phone number so we cold meet up for lunch or dinner some time. It was nice and the church seemed intimate and connected, but I know they're so small I'd miss some of the offerings larger churches can give. I'll return next week but I found a larger church online that I may attend after my vacation. Either way, I'm hoping to get plugged into the right community so my life isn't totally dominated by work and I constantly hang out with people from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment