Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm HERE!

...but that doesn't mean all my stuff is.

I arrived to Michigan and got the keys for my apartment Saturday. Mom and I made a trip to Ikea to buy some furniture for next-day delivery. Luckily, not much furniture was needed, as I'll be living in a 260 sq. ft. studio for at least the first year. No, that's not a typo. 260 sq ft. I like to compare my apartment to living in a dorm room, except I have a private kitchen(ette) and bathroom. The walls are mostly stark white, and although management said I can paint, I didn't have the energy or time to come up with a color-scheme. Once my furniture is in place, I doubt I'll want to move it to paint, but we'll see.

The Ikea furniture arrived Sunday ahead of the scheduled time frame, which gave me time to assemble a couple pieces before making a Target and Trader Joe's run for the basics. The chair I bought was easy enough (I just had to screw the legs on the bottom), but the table was a pain and so I left the bed for another day, knowing I'd call the furniture assemblers Ikea gave me the number for. We'll see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment